Microsoft powerpoint - poster nhs fv phototriage service summary [read-only] [compatibility mode]
Innovation in Referral Management: Innovation in Referral Photo--triage for Skin Cancer Referrals triage for Skin Cancer Referrals C Morton, on behalf of the Photo-Triage Steering Group, NHS Forth Valley Background
• Demand for specialist dermatology services continues to increase
• Following photo-triage, a visit to the conventional consultant clinic was annually, annually w er 100,000 new patient referrals out patient saved in 72% of referrals, with more directly attending for definitive care: consultation in Scotland during 2008. • ~40% of referrals concern suspected skin malignancy, challenging us to Normal Referral Pathway Versus Phototriage provide a safe timely service to reassure patients with benign growths whilst efficiently progressing the care of those with skin cancer.
• Limited resources as well as the continued drive towards improved national cancer and general out-patient access times is placing severe Phototriage strain on specialist departments.
• It remains difficult to triage referrals via letter alone and, having Referrals (%) 60 assessed different models of triage, we developed a community-based system of high quality image capture. What is photo-triage? Clinic Options Photo-triage is the use of a digital image of skin lesions to help the speciali list team at the time o vetting GP referrals. The image is used t help direct patients to the most appropriate clinic as quickly as possible.
•The mean waiting time to definitive treatment for patients with Superficial Spreading Melanoma identified via Photo-triage melanoma, squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas were all reduced allowing for fast-track surgery using photo-triage: 36, 28, and 35 days respectively, compared with 39, 50, and 58 days for conventional referrals To use opportunities created by photo-triage for a ‘First Stop, Correct Stop’ experience for patients referred with a suspected skin cancer. Benefits We report an observational study of conventional vs. photo-triage journeys
• ‘First-stop, correct stop’ achieved in 93% of patients, saving on between Jan-Jun 2008. Data from 188 conventional (where all patients unnecessary additional hospital visits were booked onto a consultant clinic on the basis of referral letter only)
• Initial consultant visit avoided in 72% referrals, freeing-up and 289 photo-triage referrals was available for study. appointments for other patients to attend the service more rapidly.
• Rapid assessment for skin cancer patients: triage permits patients with suspicious lesions to be fast-tracked for surgery or clinic assessment.
• Community photo-triage has permitted improved referral management p ients with suspect ed skin cancer
• And the final word to a patient comment: Conventional Patient Journey Patient Journey Phototriage Consultant Reassure Patients Nurse led Nurse led therapy Consultant photographed What's next? at Community
• Complete cost effectiveness analysis of standard vs. triage referral methods Referral to other specialist
• Determine best method for extending community photography Patient photographs Referral to other triaged by consultant
• Assess potential for direct reassurance via phone/e-mail/letter to patients specialists with obvious benign lesions All patients seen by consultant Steering Group: Sandra Auld, Scottish Centre for Telehealth; From NHS Forth Valley: Paul Baughan, Lead CancerGP; Karen Bonnar, Cancer Services; Fiona Downie, Project Manager; John Hunter, Medical Photographer; Colin Morton, Consultant Dermatologist; Mary Orzel, Cancer Services manager; Dave Simpson, e-health; Brenda Smith, Dermatology Nurse Specialist; John Wells. e-health For more information: [email protected]
Principen för laguttagning är alltså att alla A-spelare skall få spela varje match. Med 26 sådana spelare kommer det att vara mycket ovanligt att samtliga kan spela så enstaka reserver kommer ändå att bli aktuella. Reserverna är de B-spelare som listas längst ner. Principen är då att försöka hålla lag IV och V oförändrade och vid vakanser högre upp ta reserver från reservlistan
sas webaf setver-side application development Copyright (c) 2007 Chinatag LLC. All rights reserved. Important Note Please Read Carefully For demonstration purpose only, this free version Chinatag study guide contains 10 full length questions selected from our full version products which have more than 200 questions each. This Study guide has been carefully written and compiled by