EXERCISE OR PERSANTINE HEART SCAN INFORMATION Kawartha Diagnostic Imaging 327 Charlotte Street, Peterborough, ON Appointment Date: ______________________ Time: _______________
This is a 2 part test. The appointment time for the second visit will be given to you on the day of the test.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS -- READ CAREFULLY !
• Eat a light breakfast on the morning of the test.
• No caffeine in any form (coffee, tea, chocolate or colas - including decaffeinated versions) for 24 hours prior to the test.
• No medications containing caffeine (such as Tylenol #1, #2 and #3) for 24 hours prior to the
• No smoking, nicorettes or nicotine patches for 12 hours prior to the test.
• No Viagra, Levitra or Cialis for 24 hours prior to the test.
• Bring a list of your medications with you on the day of the test.
• PREGNANCY WARNING - If you are nursing, or think you may be pregnant please call the
Nuclear Imaging lab at 745-9195 for instructions.
• Some medications may interfere with this test – please ask your doctor if any of your usual medications need to be temporarily withheld prior to testing. Medications Stop: ( ) hrs. before test You may restart these medications upon completion of the test PURPOSE Myocardial Perfusion Imaging is valuable for detecting or confirming the presence, extent and severity of coronary artery disease. PROCEDURE In preparation for the stress test, you will have ECG leads placed on your chest and an intravenous line will be started. Your ECG and blood pressure will be monitored during your test. To assess the coronary arteries, we compare images of your heart taken after a stress test, and at rest. The “stress test” is performed either by exercising on a treadmill or by giving a medication called persantine. Exercise : You will walk on a treadmill which will increase in speed and elevation every 3 minutes. Before the treadmill is stopped the tracer (Thallium or Myoview) will be given through your intravenous. If you are scheduled for treadmill exercise you will need to wear comfortable shoes (no sandals or high heels) and comfortable shorts or pants. Persantine : Persantine is given through the intravenous line. Following the administration of persantine, the heart tracer will be given through your intravenous. Heart Imaging : Radioactive tracers (Thallium & Cardiolite ) allow us to visualize the heart with a special camera. It is very uncommon to have any reaction to these tracers. You will be required to lie on your back with your arms above your head for approximately 15-20 minutes for each set of images. After several hours of free time, you will return for the second part of your test. A reminder note with your return appointment details will be given to you by the Nuclear Imaging staff. SHOULD YOU NEED TO CANCEL. These tracers are very expensive and have a very limited shelf life. They cannot be saved for use at a later date. Also there is a long list of patients waiting to have this test. Therefore, if you are unable to keep your appointment it is imperative that you call 705-740-2043 24 hours in advance so that we can book someone else in your place. Similarly, it is important that you comply with the test preparation instructions so that we can perform your test. Otherwise, we may cancel your test and you may be billed for the cost of the tracer.
Simulated Docking of Zanamivir with the 2009 Pandemic Strain Influenza A/H1N1 Neuraminidase Active Site Abstract Influenza neuraminidases are glycoproteins that facilitate the transmission of the influenza virus from cell to cell. Zanamivir is a widely used neuraminidase inhibitor. Here I provide a computational docking analysis of zanamivir with the active site of the neuraminid
Dip of depressie? 18 maart 2008 | Psycheverhaal De hele dag huilen, niks willen, veel slapen – hoe weet je of je te maken hebt met een ‘gewoon’ winterdipje of een echte depressie? Hoe herken je de symptomen en wat kun je eraan doen? ‘Ik voelde me zó rot dat ik een mesje op mijn polsen wilde zetten.’ Het leek bijna heiligschennis toen Georgina Verbaan in een interview vertel