Farmacia italiana online: acquisto cialis in Italia e Roma senza ricetta.

Kb.rspca.org.au

What household dangers must I protect my pet from?
Many common household items such as food, plants and medicines are fatally toxic to our pets. It isimportant to familiarise yourself with the most commonly found poisons so that they are not kept within reachof your pet.
Rodent poisons and insecticides
These are one of the most common causes of pet poisonings. Poisons such as rat and snail bait should be
used with extreme caution. They are designed to entice animals to eat them and attempts to hide them in hard
to reach places are often unsuccessful. Try substituting with other more humane methods of pest control
(please see the attached article " What is the most humane way to kill rats and mice?") . If you must use
rodenticides or insecticides, keep them safely locked up and only use them in areas of your property that are
inaccessible to your dog or cat.
Medication
Many prescription and over the counter medications are toxic to animals. Paracetamol is a commonly found
pain medication that is particularly poisonous to cats, even in tiny amounts. Never medicate your pet without
the advice of your veterinarian and make sure that all medications are kept in sealed containers out of the
reach of your pets. Some pet medicines can also be dangerous to your pet if used incorrectly. For example,
some flea-prevention treatments for dogs contain compounds that are highly toxic for cats. Always use
veterinary drugs according to your vet and the packageâ
Food
Some foods are toxic to your pets and should never be fed. These include chocolate, onions and garlic
(including products containing onion or garlic powder, e.g. baby food), tomatoes (cats), macadamia nuts,
raisins, grapes and products containing caffeine, among other foods (please check with you vet for more
information). Feeding fat trimmings may cause your pet to develop pancreatitis and foods such as raw fish,
liver and sugary foods can lead to metabolic diseases when fed in excess. Avocado is toxic to many animals
including birds, dogs, mice, rabbits, horses and livestock. Be careful not to feed your pets cooked bones as
these can splinter, causing gastrointestinal obstructions which can be fatal.
Common plants and mulch
Some common house and garden plants are deadly to animals if ingested. These include Lily species,
Brunfelsia species (Yesterday-today-and-tomorrow) and cycad seeds. For a more thorough list of poisonous
ingested.
Antifreeze
Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol which tastes sweet and is attractive to animals and is deadly if consumed
in small amounts. Ethylene glycol poisoning is rarely seen in Australia, however pet owners should be
conscious of its potential as a poison regardless.
String
Your cat may love to play with pieces of string, however be aware that if these are ingested they may cause
painful and potentially deadly intestinal obstructions. Also be wary of yarn, dental floss and rubber bands.
Xylitol - sugar substitute
This low-carbohydrate sugar substitute is used as a sweetener in products such as chewing gum, some
toothpastes and baked goods. While safe for human consumption, its is differently metabolised by dogs.
After xylitol ingestion, dogs can become acutely hypoglycaemic (develop low blood sugar) leading to seizures
and death, if not treated immediately. In some dogs xylitol consumption causes liver failure and clotting
problems, also carrying a poor prognosis.
Top-spot pet medications
Certain dog-only top spot treatments containing the compound permethrin are highly toxic to cats. Cats are
What household dangers must I protect my pet from? unable to metabolise permethrin and can have fatal reactions to the drug. Please read product labels carefullyto check which animal species can safely use the product. If in doubt, please contact your local vet.
Tree or plant fruit stones (these may become an intestinal obstruction)
Many garden trees and plants drop fruit stones, berries or seeds. Dogs (and sometimes cats) will eat these
parts of the plant. Unfortunately ingestion of fruit stones, berries and seeds can lead to serious intestinal
blockages/obstructions which can be fatal. In addition, some fruit stones, berries or seeds may contain toxic
compounds which can be poisonous to your pets. Please remove any tree or plant stones/seeds/berries from
your garden to prevent pets from ingesting them. Please see the attached article titled "Where can I find out
about plants that might be poisonous for my pets?" for more information.
RSPCA Australia recommends that owners take active steps to ensure that their dogs and other pets do notingest any type of fertilizer material. If an owner suspects their dog or other pet has ingested fertilizer theyshould contact their local vet immediately for further advice. For information relating to specific fertilizerproducts or any other questions regarding fertilizer ingestion by dogs or other pets we suggest you contactyour local vet.
Other types of fertilizer such as bone meal and blood meal may be eaten in large quantities by dogs whichcan cause significant gastrointestinal upset (vomiting, diarrhea, constipation) and possibly pancreatitis.
Certain fertilizers may also contain bacterial or fungal toxins which can have serious side effects if ingested.
Fertilizers can also be caustic, which irritates the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. In some cases ingestionmay lead to gastrointestinal ulceration. Impaction (gastrointestinal blockage) with fertilizer material may alsooccur in some cases.
Symptoms may be more severe however, if a large amount of fertilizer is ingested or if additives such asinsecticides and iron are part of the fertilizer mix. Some fertilizers contain a significant amount of iron whichcan result in iron toxicity. Though heavy metals such as iron are generally not readily absorbed into theanimalâ s system, they can pose a hazard when dogs ingest large amounts. A few fertilizers also contain insecticides such as disulfoton, a highly toxic organophosphate which when ingested can cause a suddenonset of seizures and pancreatitis.
Fertilizers
Fertilizer products generally contain varying amounts of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K)
compounds. Fertilizers may be in a liquid, granular or solid form. They may have additives such as herbicides,
insecticides, fungicides, iron, copper and zinc. Because fertilizers are usually a combination of ingredients, the
effects following ingestion may differ. In general, fertilizers cause mild to moderate gastrointestinal irritation
which may involve signs such as vomiting, diarrhoea, hypersalivation, lethargy and abdominal pain. In most
cases the effects are self-limiting and resolve within 24-48 hours with supportive veterinary care.
Article ID: 74Last updated: 14 Aug, 2012Companion animals -> Caring for a new pet -> What household dangers must I protect my pet from? What household dangers must I protect my pet from?

Source: http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-household-dangers-must-I-protect-my-pet-from_74.pdf

7308_dorset_digestion_pubs_sally.ai

Dolman G, Parry SD. (2011)An unusual cause of aortic-enteric fistula in a young man. Submitted to Gastroenterology Update 2011Saligram S, Parry SD. (2010)Role of hydrogen breath test in management of small bowel bacterial overgrowth. Poster and abstract at AMA-RFS 2010 Interim Meeting San Diego Nov 5 2010; Winner of Pennsylvania Western 2010 Abstract Competition. Conti

Project1.qxp

Antibiotic susceptibility of extended-spectrum ß-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae Antibiotic Reference Laboratory, Communicable Disease Group, Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR), PO Box 50-348, Porirua. Email: ARL@esr.cri.nz Introduction • Extended-spectrum ß-lactamases (ESBLs) confer resistance to all• The plasmids may also carry other resistance genes.

Copyright © 2010-2014 Pdf Pills Composition