Information regarding your upcoming surgery
Information Regarding Your Upcoming Angiogram - UMass
You are scheduled for an arteriogram (angiogram) with Dr. Stephen Hoenig at UMass Medical Center, 55 Lake Avenue
North in Worcester, MA, scheduled for __________________________________.
UMass will contact you the evening prior or morning of the scheduled procedure regarding arrival time.
In preparation for your angiogram you should arrange for transportation both to and from the procedure as you should not
drive. As discussed, the angiogram is performed by Dr. Hoenig and from your arrival to departure may take
approximately 4-6 hours. If any intervention is performed at the time of the angiogram it may be necessary for you to stay
overnight for observation. You should not have anything solid to eat after midnight the night before and only clear
liquids until 6am the morning before the angiogram.
You may take your usual medications with a sip of clear liquid the morning of the angiogram in exception to those listed
• ACE inhibitors:
Captopril, Enalapril, Lisinopril, Vasotec, Zestril
Lasix (furosemide), Hydrochlorothiazide
Benicar (olmesartan), Diovan (valsartan), Losartan
• Diabetic Medication:
if you have diabetes, take only ½ of your normal dose of insulin the morning of the
angiogram. If you normally take Metformin (Glucophage) or a medication containing Metformin stop taking 48 hours before and 48 hours after the procedure. Your blood sugar will be monitored and treated as needed.
please bring this to the attention of Dr. Hoenig so we can discuss holding versus the need of
• Take Elevator B to the 2nd floor and report to Cardiac Catherization Lab Reception Area
• An intravenous line will be placed in your arm and intravenous fluid will be infused to keep you hydrated. If you
are diabetic, your blood sugar will be checked and managed as necessary.
• If you have an allergy to the IV contrast, please remind your surgeon if you have not already done so. You may
need to take solumedrol and Benadryl for 24 hours prior to the procedure. You will be provided with a prescription beforehand and given Benadryl while being prepped for the angiogram.
• If you have impaired kidney function you may be asked to take Mucomyst (Acetylcysteine) prior to the angiogram
to minimize further impairment to your kidneys. This medication should be taken the morning and evening before the procedure and on the day of the procedure.
• After the procedure is complete you will be brought back to the short stay area, located on the second floor.
• You will be asked to lie flat for four to six hours to help prevent bleeding from the puncture site.
• You will need to drink plenty of fluids to help your kidneys eliminate contrast from your body.
Please feel free to contact Dr. Hoenig’s office at 978-534-3399 at any time prior to or after your angiogram if you have any questions or concerns.
AGRI WEST AW FEARSOME 500 FUNGICIDE Chemwatch Independent Material Safety Data Sheet Issue Date: 17-Mar-2011 CHEMWATCH 26-0813 NC317ECP Version No:2.0 CD 2011/1 Page 1 of 9 Section 1 - CHEMICAL PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION PRODUCT NAME AGRI WEST AW FEARSOME 500 FUNGICIDE PRODUCT USE Fungicide. SUPPLIER Company: Agri West Address: 42 Newmarket Street Hendra QLD, 4
NUR 102: Unit One – Introduction to Pharmacology Learning Objectives Teaching/Learning Activities Provider of care: Theoretical knowledge and critical II. Origins of pharmacology and relations Class Participation: thinking Compare cost of medications online and at findings including the dosage of the drug, the online address (or printout of the page) you went to, the dru